We have detailed a brief summary of the Book of Obadiah for Bible Study or Sunday School lessons. An overview of the main events and Biblical characters found in Obadiah in the Bible. An overview if the famous Bible Stories found in the scriptural text of the Book of Obadiah contained in this short summary of Obadiah.
Brief Summary of Obadiah - The KJV Bible Scriptures
The content of Obadiah according to the KJV Bible Scriptures contains a short overview of the main subjects, people, events and ancient topics in the following summary of the KJV Bible Scriptures:
- Obadiah is book number 31 in the Old Testament of the Bible. It contains 1 chapter.
- Obadiah is the shortest book in the Christian Bible
- Bible Scriptures from Obadiah is believed to have been written between 848 and 840 B.C.
- Who was Obadiah? Obadiah was a prophet, the fourth of the Minor Prophets. He was an Israelite who was chief in the household of King Ahab (King of Israel).
- Where was Edom? Edom was situated on the southern Dead Sea and adjacent Jordan
People of the Christian faith can this useful short summary of these Bible Scriptures for an online Bible study course or biblical studies. This summary of scriptural text is also very useful for Sunday School lessons and Bible Study at home.
Short Summary of Obadiah - The Bible Stories of Obadiah taken from the Scriptures
A short summary of the Bible Stories of Obadiah taken from the Scriptures. An overview of the main events and Biblical characters found in Obadiah together with the famous Bible Stories and brief summary of the Book of Obadiah from the Bible.
- The Biblical stories, plot, characters and events detailed in this summary of Obadiah
- Obadiah is a prophet of God who condemns Edom for sins against both God and Israel.
- The Edomites were descendants of Esau whereas the Israelites are descendants of his twin brother, Jacob. A quarrel between the brothers affected their descendants for over 1,000 years
- The Edomites forbade Israel to cross their land during the Exodus from Egypt
- Obadiah's prophecy is that the kingdom of Edom will be destroyed completely and the destruction of Israel because of their unfaithfulness
- The Biblical stories, plot, characters and events detailed in Obadiah
The above summary details the Bible people and summary of important events which occur in the Bible scriptures of the Book of Obadiah. People of the Christian faith can this useful short summary of these Bible Scriptures for an online Bible study course or biblical studies. This brief summary of Obadiah is also very useful for Sunday School lessons and Bible Study at home.
We hope that you find the Obadiah summary from the KJV Bible chapters and verses helpful to your Bible studies and for references as a guide to further reference to the Book of Obadiah. Bible Scriptures from Obadiah offer free, online access, for those of the Christian faith, to study scriptural passages for Biblical studies, contained in the words, scriptural text and verses of the KJV Bibles.