We have detailed a brief summary of the Book of Lamentations for Bible Study or Sunday School lessons. An overview of the main events and Biblical characters found in Lamentations in the Bible. An overview if the famous Bible Stories found in the scriptural text of the Book of Lamentations contained in this short summary of Lamentations.
Brief Summary of Lamentations - The KJV Bible Scriptures
The content of Lamentations according to the KJV Bible Scriptures contains a short overview of the main subjects, people, events and ancient topics in the following summary of the KJV Bible Scriptures:
- Lamentations is book number 25 in the Old Testament of the Bible. It contains 5 chapters.
- Definition: A lamentation is a lament meaning a cry of sorrow and grief
- Bible Scriptures from Lamentations laments the desolation of Judah after the destruction of Jerusalem in 586 BC
- Bible Scriptures from Lamentations is traditionally attributed to the prophet Jeremiah
People of the Christian faith can this useful short summary of these Bible Scriptures for an online Bible study course or biblical studies. This summary of scriptural text is also very useful for Sunday School lessons and Bible Study at home.
Short Summary of Lamentations - The Bible Stories of Lamentations taken from the Scriptures
A short summary of the Bible Stories of Lamentations taken from the Scriptures. An overview of the main events and Biblical characters found in Lamentations together with the famous Bible Stories and brief summary of the Book of Lamentations from the Bible.
- The content summary of the the Book of Jeremiah are as follows:
- Bible Scriptures from Lamentations consists of five separate poems
- In Lamentations 1 the prophet dwells on the manifold miseries oppressed by which the city sits as a solitary widow weeping sorely
- In Lamentations 2 these miseries are described in connection with the national sins that had caused them
- Lamentations 3 speaks of hope for the people of God. The chastisement would only be for their good; a better day would dawn for them
- Lamentations 4 laments the ruin and desolation that had come upon the city and temple, but traces it only to the people's sins
- Lamentations 5 is a prayer that Zion's reproach may be taken away in the repentance and recovery of the people.
The above summary details the Bible people and summary of important events which occur in the Bible scriptures of the Book of Lamentations. People of the Christian faith can this useful short summary of these Bible Scriptures for an online Bible study course or biblical studies. This brief summary of Lamentations is also very useful for Sunday School lessons and Bible Study at home.
We hope that you find the Lamentations summary from the KJV Bible chapters and verses helpful to your Bible studies and for references as a guide to further reference to the Book of Lamentations. Bible Scriptures from Lamentations offer free, online access, for those of the Christian faith, to study scriptural passages for Biblical studies, contained in the words, scriptural text and verses of the KJV Bibles.